DAVISON (DTV) – (3/12/2020) – Davison Community Schools’ Superintendent Kevin Brown has just released information on delays of non-essential events. These are all due to the infamous spreading virus COVID-19, otherwise known as coronavirus. Although, what exactly is Coronavirus?
“Coronaviruses are a group of viruses that are common in both humans and animals that usually cause mild-to-moderate respiratory illnesses”, says Yale-New Haven Health. Symptoms of this rapidly-evolving virus are shortness of breath, having fevers and coughing.
How is this spread?
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announces this to be circulated “between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet)”. This is also spread through respiratory drops made when a person with the virus sneezes or coughs.
How can I guarantee my protection and others’ from this virus?
Although there is no vaccine for this virus, there are still many precautions you can take in order to stop the spread:
- Clean your hands often: Wash hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid close contact with others: Distance yourself about 6 feet with others
If you’re feeling under the weather, there are many steps you can take to stop it from getting others sick as well:
- Stay home if you’re sick: Don’t risk the spread, stay in bed if you’re sick
- Cover your coughs and sneezes: Try and cover yourself with tissues or your elbow
- Wear a face-mask: Yes, it may seem silly, but it’s better to be safe than sorry
- Clean and disinfect: Clean tables, doorknobs, light switches, counter-tops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks to stay healthy!
What events have been postponed at DHS?
There have been several events that have been postponed here at Davison High School
- Thomson Elementary Family Reading Night
- Mr. Davison Show
- Parent Teacher Conferences
- DCER’s Daddy Daughter Dance
- And ALL NONESSENTIAL EVENTS
Make sure to take all of the precautions in order to stay away from this virus!