DAVISON (DTV)-(4/18/19) Five Seniors took the next step in their athletic career by signing a letter of intent to compete at the collegiate level on Wednesday, April 17th. The Ceremony began with a speech from Mr. Beamer, Davison Athletic Director, congratulating everyone who took part in molding these student athletes. These five are lucky to be a part of the five percent of high school athletes who are able to go on to play at the collegiate level.
- Emily Moriartey will be taking her skills to Saint Mary’s College of Notre Dame in Notre Dame, Indiana, as a Midfielder on the Women’s Lacrosse Team. Emily is planning on majoring in Nursing.
- Madeline Chorley will be heading to Wayne State University in Midtown Detroit to compete in the 100 Fly and 100 Backstroke Women’s Swim Events. Madeline is undecided on a major, but is interested in Forensic Investigation.
- Allen Hughson signed to Grand Valley State University in Allendale outside of Grand Rapids, to carry on his Hockey career. Allen plans to pursue a major in either Business or Healthcare.
- Cameron Gouin committed to Siena Heights University in Adrian to play Soccer. As far as a major goes, Cameron is interested in the Mechanical Engineering Field.
- Gage Thrall is also headed to Grand Valley along with Allen to continue playing Hockey. In the 2018-2019 Hockey season, Gage won 3 awards in the Saginaw Valley League and 2 in the State.
Congratulations to Emily, Madeline, Allen, Cameron and Gage! The Davison Community is so excited to see what all you can do in the years to come!