DAVISON (DTV) – (09/16/21) – Financial aid advisors from the University of Michigan Flint and the counselors from Davison High School will be holding a financial aid night for students and their parents. It will be held Thursday night, October 7th, from 6 until 8 p.m. in the DHS auditorium.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, provides more than $150 billion in grants, loans, and work study funds each year. It is highly recommended that parents fill out the application for their college-bound student each year even if you think you don’t qualify for financial aid.
During the workshop on October 7th you will learn more about FAFSA and will also receive step by step instructions on how to complete the FAFSA form.
Here is what you need to do/bring to prepare for the workshop:
- Prior to the workshop, 1 parent and the student should complete the on-line application for a “FSA ID”. Go to https://studentaid.gov Once there you will see “create an account” (FSA ID) Hit on “get started” Bring the FSA ID with you on FAFSA night.
- Parents bring their FSA ID and 2020 W2 forms
- Parents bring their 2020 Federal Income Tax Return
- Social Security numbers for BOTH parents
- Drivers license for parent and student
- Student should bring their FSA ID, 2020 W2, 2020 Federal Income Tax Return (if filed)