DAVISON (DTV) – (9/24/2020) –
Community Service: The Care Team Hospice is currently looking for volunteers for two programs:
- Pen Pals: This opportunity requires students to agree to not share any patient information as well as parent consent if under 18.
- In-person Volunteering: The second opportunity is for in-person volunteering with hospice patients providing companionship/caregiver respite. To volunteer for this position, you must be 16 years old and have a valid state ID/driver’s license for a background check.
You will also need to have a negative TB test and to attend training. This opportunity is mainly on hold due to COVID restrictions, however, we are still contacting interested volunteers to create their file with the intent to continue onboarding them as restrictions are lifted.
For concerns, please contact Ashley Gordon, Volunteer Coordinator at The Care Team Hospice at 833-483-2272 or 810-407-4001.
For any questions about current Community Service opportunities or your hours, please contact Mrs. V. in the Career Center.
*ALL VISITS ARE VIRTUAL:
- October 1st: Douglas J at 3
- October 5th: Wayne State at 3:30
- October 6th: Indiana Tech at 3:30
To find out more information about these visits, head down to the career center!