DAVISON (DTV) – (9/12/2023) It’s that time of the year again, time for the Cardinals to fly back to the nest to celebrate the community. That’s right, we’re talking homecoming! We’ve laid out all the fun for homecoming week below, including spirit week themes for Davison High School!
- No paparazzi day! A.k.a PJ day.
- Adam Sandler vs. Barbie Day!
- Kick-off assemblies: 1st-hour: 9th grade
2nd-hour: 10th grade and alternative ed. students
3rd-hour: 11th and 12th grade
Students will be dismissed via P.A. after attendance.
- Jersey Day! Represent your favorite sports team!
- Powder Puff game at 7 pm, Junior vs. Seniors
Entry fee: $5 (Nest Passes cannot be used for this game)
The 2023 Homecoming King and Mr. Congeniality will be crowned at halftime
- Class T-shirts day
T-shirts will be available for purchase in the cafeteria during all lunches, all week
- Maroon, gold, and bling day! Rep your Cardinal pride with the Card colors, plus some bling!
- Pep Assembly at Cardinal Stadium- during 6th hour classses. Students will go to their 6th hour and will be released by the P.A.
- Parade line-up at 4 pm
- Parade begins at 5pm and will head west on Clark Street and will continue towards downtown Davison
- Football game against Saginaw United. Kickoff is at 7 pm
- The 2023 Homecoming Queen and Mrs. Congeniality will be crowned at halftime
- Homecoming dance, 7-10 pm at the DHS gym
- Dance Guidelines & information
Davison students MUST bring their school I.D.
Dancing must be appropriate to the school setting. All dancing must be face-to-face.
No provocative or lewd dancing.
No “twerking”. All students and guests found to be dancing inappropriately will be asked to stop and/or leave the dance. Glow Sticks are not allowed. If you leave the dance, you will not be readmitted. In case of emergency, contact the person in charge of the building before leaving. Above all, common sense should dictate your attire and behavior. We would not Expect your behavior at a dance to be any different than what you would display in front of your parents.
- Dress Code:
Females: Necklines should not plunge below the bust line. Plunging backs are acceptable provided the back does not dip more than 2 inches below the waistline. Dress length must be at least mid-thigh. If there is material on the skirt that is see-through, then the underlying skirt must meet the required dress length. Slits on dresses/skirts should not be higher than mid-thigh. There are to be NO cut-outs (areas with no material) between the bust line and the thigh. This includes cut-outs which are covered with sheer (see-through) material.
Males: Dress slacks, dress shirt, tie (for Prom), and appropriate shoes. Your shirt must be kept on at all times. Anyone wearing shorts, jeans, or sweats will not be admitted.
Post Hoco-week recap:
- Parade video
- Davison vs. Saginaw United full game
- Davison vs. Saginaw United highlights
- The student section “The Nest” singing Miley Cyrus